Friday, July 20, 2012

Things That Make You Say "Duhhh"

I just can't believe that our local dollar store does not sell muffin tins. Every time I went into a dollar store in the last week, I was looking for muffin tins. I had zero luck. Well... I finally decided to go to a larger all-purpose store. I do not like going in those stores with my kids because it's just too much work. So when I finally got a moment to shop by myself, I went to the store and got some muffin tins. I got the 6-cup muffin tins.

I am so happy that I finally got them. I got to put this concept to work. It was such a "duh" when I saw it on the Muffin Tin Mom blog. Even though it made so much sense, I did not think of it myself.  Today I doled out lunch to the Hurd in muffin tins. Perfect portion sizes and variety. I am elated. This method ensures that I am giving each child a healthy serving of each component that I wish for them have.

Today we had corndogs with yogurt and grapes. I gave the two big kids a small portion of yogurt (this way they won't fill up on that yummy goodness).  The Monster cannot have yogurt yet so he missed out. I gave them each a whole corndog with ketchup in its own compartment; I cut up the Monster's and put in 3 compartments. They all had a small serving of grapes. And lastly, they had a cup of water (the cups fit perfectly into the tin also).

Great ideas should be passed on. So here ya go!




No comments:

Post a Comment